News

Sandy Hook Families Push Suit Against Maker of Stolen Gun Used in Attack

Sandy Hook Families Push Suit Against Maker of Stolen Gun Used in Attack

Nine Sandy Hook Elementary School families appeared before the Connecticut Supreme Court on Tuesday seeking reinstatement of their lawsuit against the maker of the stolen gun used in the December 14, 2012 attack.

That AR-15 was legally sold to Nancy Lanza and afterward stolen by her son, Adam, who used it to kill 26 people in gun-free Sandy Hook Elementary School.

According to the Guardian, the attorney for Sandy Hook told the court, “Remington may never have known [Sandy Hook shooter] Adam Lanza, but they had been courting him for years.” He added, “The weapon he needed for his mission that day was never in doubt.” That attorney, Josh Koskoff, said the AR-15 Lanza stole had been marketed as “the uncompromising choice when you demand a rifle as mission-adaptable as you.”

The PLCAA protects manufacturers from frivolous suits focused on guns are legally manufactured and legally sold, then stolen and put to criminal use.

AWR Hawkins is the Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and host of Bullets with AWR Hawkins, a Breitbart News podcast.

Please Help Us Keep this Site Running

Thank you for the donation

 
 
 
Powered by Stripe
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Latest News, Photos & Videos