News

White House prohibited new interim security clearances last year

White House prohibited new interim security clearances last year

The White House prohibited new interim security clearances last fall, but staffers who had already obtained one were permitted to hold onto it, according to a report late Tuesday.

According to an email from Nov. 7 sent to officials at the Office of Management and Budget, the White House personnel security office said it would not be issuing more interim security clearances and pending requests would be rejected, Politico reports.

The report comes just after the White House had come under fire for how it has addressed allegations of abuse against former White House staff secretary Rob Porter.

Earlier in the day Tuesday, FBI Director Christopher Wray informed the Senate Intelligence Committee that the agency provided the White House the final results of its background check on Porter in July.

“The White House personnel security office, staffed by career officials, received information last year in what they considered to be the final background investigation report in November,” Sanders said Tuesday.

Please Help Us Keep this Site Running

Thank you for the donation

 
 
 
Powered by Stripe
Subscribe to our Newsletter

Latest News, Photos & Videos